We have these Half Sleepers which are great for raised beds, or you could use them for sculpturing, you could also use them to make benches, garden furniture.
- Items are usually restored, repaired or made here and will be specified in the description.
- The Wood Pile always try and describe the items to the best of our knowledge
- The Wood Pile inspect all items and ensure they are fit for purpose
- Most items will not be new unless made on site, therefore general wear and tear should be expected but would be divulged.
- The Wood Pile are open to offers within reason
- People are welcome to inspect items upon collection if they are not satisfied they will be refunded.
Thanks for visiting The Wood Pile site:
The Wood Pile a Community Interest Company, founded by Karen Stubbings.
The aim is to reduce the amount of wood going to landfill and incinerators by means of recycling/upcycling, wood and furniture are not only collected from waste streams they are also donated, bought at auctions, charity shops and markets. We get such items as fencing, panels, plywood boards, doors, floorboards and any such types of wood, along with many different types of furniture.
Many people will just discard their old furniture when they think it has served its purpose or too damaged or disheveled to be used, what we see is an opportunity to take that furniture, repair the damages, give it a fresh coat of paint and wax it, to make it look good as new or give it that “Shabby Chic” look, and then sell the items in our shop, as well as our warehouse.