Work With Us
Training Support Assistant
In this role you will work
as part of a small team of staff. Duties will include supporting clients into
and towards employment, activities will include advising and assisting with job
search, interview techniques and CV building.
Clients have disabilities or are disadvantaged in the labour market,
your role will be to recruit clients from a range of organisations in the
County Durham area.
You will be working within a small team and will be dealing with clients on a daily basis. You will therefore need to have a positive attitude, be enthusiastic, friendly and hard working. You should be the person that our clients will look forward to seeing knowing that they will always receive excellent customer service.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and support the principles of advocacy.
- Recruit new clients to ongoing activity and courses taking place
- Supporting clients with Job Search and activity relating to preparation for work, ie interview techniques, cv completion
- Assist in maintaining general and specific client observations, completing appropriate paperwork for fund provider
- Support in recording all relevant information, completing progress reports and other paperwork
- Demonstrate an understanding of the responsibilities in relation to client’s property and valuables, respecting the values of the client with regards to culture, religion and beliefs, at all times.
- Always act in a manner as to promote and safeguard the interests and well-being of the clients you are responsible for.
- Actively promote a responsible caring attitude at all times, treating all clients with dignity and respect.
- Always act in a manner that ensures no vulnerable client is the subject of any form of abuse from anyone at any time.
- To report any incident of client abuse of which you become aware to an appropriate person ensuring the safety, dignity and well-being of the client at all times.
- Ensure own documentation is clear and accurate in content and has been countersigned by the Line Manager.
- Organisation and communication skills
- Team working
- Capable of taking ownership and responsibility
- Supporting people with disabilities
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and achieve targets
- Willingness to work unsociable hours as and when required
- Previous experience of supporting people into employment
- Previous experience of recruiting unemployed/inactive people
- Experience of working in a target driven environment
- A friendly and approachable nature
- Excellent reading, writing, numeracy and listening skills
- Flexibility and versatility
- Information Technology Level 2
- Information Advice and Guidance Qualification
- Teaching Qualification
- Full driving licence
- Safe Guarding Course
£10.20 per hour, 9 hours per week, these hours could be set or flexible to work around the business needs. Fixed Term Contract for 8 months
Applications will close once we have received 40 applications or on 28th Feb.
To apply you must complete the attached forms or your application will not be considered, please send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org